Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Today’s Walk 12/5/2017

It was cool with the wind very high out of the North. I did enjoy my walk of about 5.5 miles, it got better as I warmed up by walking. Most of the time I was thinking about life, and the silliness of dieting. There are so many diets that they would have to have a library of its own to keep track of them all. What is so silly about diets is that they all are failures? Why? Just think about this have you ever found a diet that you could make a lifestyle out of and eat only that way for the rest of your life. I have not ever found one that I could stay with forever. 

I am learning faster than I ever believed possible how to eat intuitively. It is not all that hard to do. I just have to stay tuned into my body and my feelings of hungry. Never allowing myself to get really hungry or I will over eat. And most of all I have gotten to where I eat slower and that way I do really eat less. Everything in life is a balancing act, and that includes food, and eating. We balance or checkbooks, and we should balance our eating. But for me the balance is not so much counting calories as it is counting my weight. By checking my weight often, I can check my eating soon enough to not gain that much. 


Intuitive eating or mindful eating to me is one and the same. It is being in tune with your body, mind, and your habits. It is eating without anything to distract you. It is balancing your eating, our activity, and your thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment