Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Another day another thought!

I am getting the water weight that I gained finally off. I am down 1.2 pounds this morning on top of the 1 pound yesterday morning. 

My calorie intake is up 10% for the last 28 days, and while I seemed to have an almost 4 pound gain for a while there I knew it had to be due to the salt I was taking in. I am back to within 1.2 pounds of my lowest weight this year and that is telling me I am doing it correctly now. 

Do I think I am going to lose more weight? That answer is I really do not know, it depends on how much my metabolism has recovered. Theoretically I should be losing about a pound a week, if the calculation were correct. The calculations say I can eat about 2550 calories a day and maintain my weight, I am eating about 2000 calories a day average. And that amount I am eating is all I want to eat it is not some number I am trying to eat or eat below. I am allowing myself to eat when I feel the need, and as much as I feel I need. 

I am keeping my daily walk to the same route and as much as possible the same pace, and I am burning within 10 calories of the same amount for the walk each day for the last week. I do really love my walks and the time I have to think things out. 

I am working to be an intuitive eater, but I still do a lot of things that a dieter does, I am weighing myself daily, and I am logging my foods. But what I am doing that a dieter would hate is that I do not weigh my food, nor do I pay that good attention to the amount I eat. I also eat what I feel like eating, and not worry if I am going over budget, or eating too many carbs or fat. But I do worry about the salt. 


This seems to be working for me and I will continue with it. If you are reading this and have question please ask. If you think I am a fool say so. I am a big boy and I can take it. And maybe it will bring another great thought to this old brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment