Thursday, December 21, 2017

Another Beautiful day today

Today is sunny and will be very warm for this time of year, but tomorrow looks to be a rainy day but warm. Then we have a couple of cold fronts coming in and will have a cold but dry Christmas. 

My weight is down again this morning to a new low for the year 187.2. Last evening for dinner we had a breakfast meal of eggs and potatoes, this is great for a change of pace. I believe that my weight has really been down but I have been retaining so much water due to extra salt in my meals. By the way my dietitian told me that I did not need to lose any more weight, and I have to agree with her. I am not trying to lose weight but feel that my metabolism has improved to the point that as of now I am just now able or needing to eat as much as I could. As an example I will give you this information Loseit says I can now eat 2395 calories a day. Loseit figures it by calculating my BMR then multiplying it by 1.45. Apple Health by my use of the Apple Watch says for yesterday I could eat 2580 calories back due to my activity calories added to my resting calories for the day. For yesterday my resting calories was 1885 and my activity calories was 697, and I managed to eat 2082 calories yesterday by what I logged in Loseit. I would say it is safe to say that I missed the calorie count that I logged in loseit by as much as 250 calories plus or minus. 

But I have to say I do eat what I like, want and need to eat. I do not force myself not to eat if I feel the need or want. If I want a piece of my wife’s cakes or pies, or cookies I have it. If I want a little ice cream I eat it. I have even started allowing myself to have full sugar drinks at times if that is what I feel I need. 


Folks life is short why make it a living hell, learn to enjoy your food, and meals. Re-learn to love the foods you enjoy. You have to except and respect the body you have, you can make it better by exercise and listening to your body and eating to never be hungry and to never be full. You can eat the foods you love as long as you have no allergies to them. The problem I see is that we have been brainwashed to believe food is evil, and that if we love certain foods we must be bad if we eat it. We also have been brainwashed into believe we are lazy if we do not get out and go to the gym, and over work ourselves exercising. I am telling you that is false, we can enjoy food, by just making peace with it on food item at a time. We do need to be active but it can be simply walking, doing housework, playing with your kids, just getting outside and smelling to the roses. Now getting outside is the most important thing you can do to be healthy, it has been proving that getting outside everyday is very healthy, take a walk breath the air, you will be less sick and feel so much better too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment