Sunday, December 10, 2017

It is turning in to a beautiful Weekend

Yesterday was a beautiful day here and I had a great walk. I also watch the Army and Navy Game. It was a great game and I felt sorry for the Navy, but the Army did play a great game plan. The Snow at the game reminded me of the Army and Navy Game I went to back in 1974. It was cold and the seats had several inches of ice on them, but no one cared we were all standing the who game. I remember the cold, the snow and the ice but now I do not remember who won. I was part of an all services group and we were all brothers and sisters in the service. 

Today is another beautiful day I will be walking after church and breakfast. It is sunny and cold this morning but it will be nice and warm this afternoon. Walking is just something that I enjoy, I walk the neighborhood almost everyday and I see something new every time I walk. Someone I have not met before or an animal that I have not seen before. 

My weight is becoming impressively stable. This morning I am down about 4 tenths of a pound, and I am stabilizing at about 191. And I find it very interesting that 191 is what is normal weight for my height if you except the “New BMI” calculations the way I do. You see the BMI calculations see every one in 2D and the “New BMI” sees every one in 3D, which means that the taller you are the more you can weigh and the shorter you are the less you should weigh. For me at 6 feet it means that the Old BMI charts are off by 1 whole point. For someone that is about 5 feet 2 inches it means that the BMI charts is also off by 1 whole point in the other direction. So to explain it for me a BMI of 26 on the old chart is a BMI of 25 on the New BMI chart. For someone at the shorter height A BMI of 25 becomes a BMI of 26. Do I say this is correct, well I do not really believe in the BMI ratings at all, I believe that the only thing that counts is how health I am, and how fit I am for my age. 

As for as my eating I am only going to say I am much happier now, that I no longer worry about eating something that people believe is bad. I eat what I love, I also eat what my body needs. I am still logging my food, not paying attention to the calories, at the time I eat. I do later look at my results and I am not unhappy with them either. I am eating on average about 2000 calories a day, I have active calorie burns of about 650 - 700 calories a day, and by the calculations I should be eating about 2500 calories a day to maintain my weight. But the calculations seem off for me, for I know my metabolism is off, I screwed it up over the years dieting. But I seem to be repairing it now by eating as I need and working out. I do not expect to every be able to eat what the calculations say but I am getting closer.


So life is good as long as we keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment